Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spy Chickens

 Tried the night vision tonight.  Not too bad considering I really didn't know what I was doing, and was leaning over aiming the lens through the window. 
I really suck at trying to get these pictures lined up....urrr





 Finished up the new and improved chicken play-pen tonight and let the girls out in it for about a half hour while I cleaned up their coop.  They really liked it but I could tell they wanted to get back to their hen house because it was starting to get dark.  I have learned that chickens are night blind so they really want to be in the safety of their hen house before it gets dark.  I'll have to get them out earlier tomorrow so they can get to bed earlier.  It was close to 8pm, that's latest they have been up since moving out of the brooder to outside.   

I bought some mustard greens to give the the girls.  I will put it in the suet feeder tomorrow so they can peck at it and keep themselves entertained.  I forgot I bought them a "chicken toy"  It's a ball that you put treats in and they roll it and peck at it to get the goodies.
I also bought a product to try in the run and in their hen house called "Sweet PDZ"  It is made for horse stalls but I've read of some people using it with chickens.  It is supposed to control order and moisture.  So far I haven't had any issues with orders but with the coop so close to the house and the lovely humid weather we get here I thought it couldn't hurt










Chicken Butt

Not too good with the chickens, but you can see the drops of rain on the Day Lilly leaves




Baby Chick Time

Stella 2 Weeks 5 Days
 The chicks are doing well and growing so fast.  They are practicing to fly, with a long running start they almost get off the ground.  Stella is the flight instructor, she's a good teacher Cocoa is kind of getting it.  Cookie not so much, her wings are not as big as Cocoa's are so maybe that has something to do with it.  I think Cocoa's wings are bigger that Stella's.
Stella 2 Weeks 5 Days

Cocoa 1 Week 4 Days

Cocoa 1 Week 4 Days

Cocoa 1 Week 4 Days

Cookie 1 Week 4 Days

Cookie 1 Week 4 Days

Cookie 1 Week 4 Days

Cookie 1 Week 4 Days








No comments:

Post a Comment