Saturday, August 11, 2012

Homemade Orange & Vinegar Cleaner

I found a recipe at the Fresh Eggs Daily Blog for Homemade Orange Peel White Vinegar Coop Cleaner and thought I would give it a try.

I got a little nutty and made a few different varieties.  All varieties have the basic recipe of orange peels & vinegar.
I made two batches for a chicken coop cleaner with cinnamon sticks to repel mosquitoes & vanilla beans to repel flies.  I made one for my Mom (to clean the parrot cage) with lemon peels & one with lemon peels and cinnamon sticks to use around the house.  After it cures for a month I will strain it and put into spray bottles. I can't wait to try it.
It is supposed to work great on the coops, you can just spray and leave it or let it set and wipe it off.  I think I know what I'll be giving my chicken loving friends for Christmas :-)

update 8/11/12  I've been using this cleaner around the house and it works great.  I use it more in the house than out in the coop.  I've also made some homemade laundry soap that is working well with our well water and lack of water softener.  It cuts the price of laundry soap in half.  More soon on the homemade laundry soap.....

No comments:

Post a Comment