Thursday, April 26, 2012

New Chicks Finally Arrived

The chicks I ordered finally arrived and they brought a friend!

The one in the front and the middle one are the Araucanas and the black one in the back is a Plymouth Barred Rock.  The Araucanas hatched yesterday April 25th and the Barred Rock hatched around April 16th.  I'm going to do my best to post pictures daily of the Araucanas since I know there exact hatch day.  This was something I was looking for when I got my first chicks.  "Hmmm I wonder what they will look like when they are "x" days old"   I will share my pictures with Backyard Chickens  I have learned so much from this site.  It's a wonderful community of backyard chicken folk.


I need some help naming them.  I am almost positive the brown one in the middle will be named Cocoa.  I'm not sure about the other two, my ideas are Maddie, Lucy, Stella, Zoe & Penny.  If I leave it up to Mike they will be named Buffalo, Spicy and Blue.

So sleepy


Here's some better pictures










No comments:

Post a Comment